in News Departments > FYI
print the content item

enXco Inc., an Escondido, Calif.-based developer, operator and manager of wind energy projects throughout the U.S., has acquired an additional 30% share of the Hawi Wind Project from International Energy Services U.S.A. Inc. This acquisition will now increase enXco's ownership of the project to 60%, with the remaining 40% interest held by Hawi Renewable Development Inc.

"enXco is very pleased with this additional acquisition of the Hawi project, as it is in line with our ever-increasing significant ownership of wind-energy facilities in the United States," says Tristan Grimbert, enXco's president and chief operating officer. "This project has done very well since its completion in April and with the assistance of Jim Walker, who heads our asset management division. We are excited to increase our management and ownership of this beautiful site."

The Hawi project is located at Upolo Point on the Big Island of Hawaii. It is comprised of 16 Vestas V47 wind turbines and has a long-term power purchase agreement with Hawaii Electric Light Co.

IowaDeptEconDevel_id1863

Helukabel_id1908
Latest Top Stories

Bird Groups Target LEEDCo's Icebreaker Offshore Wind Pilot

Two bird conservation groups that helped halt a wind project earlier this year argue that Lake Erie Energy Development Corp.'s (LEEDCo) 18 MW offshore demo poses a major risk to regional wildlife.


Report Disputes U.S. Agency's Renewable Energy Projections

A new analysis from the Sun Day Campaign says renewables are slated to provide 16% of U.S. generating capacity by 2018 - over 20 years earlier than forecast by the Energy Information Administration.


Kansas Renewables Mandate Survives Yet Another Attack, But Is It Too Early To Celebrate?

Over the past three years, some legislators have tried to either weaken or repeal the state's renewable portfolio standard, which requires Kansas utilities to reach 20% renewables by 2020.


AWEA Highlights U.S. Wind Success Stories Of 2013

Despite a 92% drop in new capacity last year, the sector still has myriad reasons to celebrate, according to a new report from the American Wind Energy Association.


Feds List New Bird Species As Threatened - Should Wind Developers Be Worried?

The U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service is designating the lesser prairie-chicken as threatened under the Endangered Species Act. An expert explains how this might affect the wind industry.

UEA_id1896
Acciona_id1907
JLG_id1900
WomenofWind_id
AWEA_id1886
bonfiglioli_id1913