Wind Energy Project Experience and Expertise
Sargent & Lundy provides comprehensive engineering and consulting services to support the assessment, development, and implementation of wind energy and other power generation and transmission projects. As part of our extensive power industry work, Sargent & Lundy has significant wind energy experience, providing engineering, advisory, and construction support services for diverse projects. Our experience spans the spectrum of geographic sites, grid interconnection requirements, and wind turbines.
Wind Energy Project Services
Our services can effectively take your project from inception through operation, based on our integrated technical and financial expertise. Areas of work include:
- Feasibility studies
- Resource and technology assessments
- Site selection and permitting support
- Conceptual and detailed design
- Bid package and contract development
- Project management
- Construction management and commissioning
- Operations & maintenance (O&M) support and services
- Due diligence reviews for asset acquisition / divestiture
- Condition assessments
- End of warranty reviews
Grid Interconnection Services
As a recognized leader in power delivery engineering, Sargent & Lundy has all of the expertise and resources necessary to design the interconnection of wind energy facilities to the transmission grid at all voltage levels. Our knowledge of the transmission and substation design standards applied by utility companies throughout the country enables us to effectively provide designs that comply with diverse requirements, as well as the applicable industry codes and standards.
Our capabilities encompass the full range of professional services for these interconnections, including:
- Transmission line routing and substation site selection
- Permitting support
- Complete substation engineering
- Protection and control system design
- Transmission line engineering
- Development of equipment and material specifications
- Procurement services
- Material quality control and expediting
- Construction management
- Electrical testing and commissioning
Diverse Client Experience
Sargent & Lundy’s role on renewable energy projects is full design architect-engineer, owner’s engineer, lender’s independent engineer/technical advisor, or consultant. Over the course of our more than 120 years - dedicated to electric power and energy intensive clients - the firm has designed 927 power plants totaling 135,643 MW. We have also designed more than 6,200 circuit miles of high-voltage and extra-high-voltage transmission line and more than 100 substations.
In recent decades, we have provided extensive consulting and engineering services for renewable energy projects throughout the power industry, including:
- Original equipment manufacturers
- Power off-takers
- Governmental agencies
To discuss your unique needs ...
Contact us by e-mail or call 312-269-2000.